Monday 4 June 2007

Sunny Sunday

Well what can I say about Sunday, the Sun was out the sky was blue theres not a lot for me to do coz its raining raining in my heart - well actually no it aint but I couldnt think of any other song about the sun being out so this will have to do.

So the day began with me going to church which was part of our family friendly weekend! So let me get this straight, our church had a weekend especially to join a network of churches and be classed as family friendly - doesnt this strike anyone else as being a little odd?

who decides which church is friendly? who decides what is classed as a family? how many sundays a year must the church be for the family? hmmm

well actually the service wasnt too bad, was fun mix of songs with actions (how utterly sad and cheesy lol) traditional hymns (snore) an interactive sermon (hmmmmm I think David Beckham is stalking me this weekend). God did actually speak to me during it, which cant be said most Sundays - cant actually remember what he said now tho lol - im sure he will repeat it if its important!

After the service I met up with Alice (still not her real name) for lunch down the local. Thanks to those who gave the advice. It was a really nice hour (I actually had a real reason which meant I had to be home for 1pm so couldnt stay longer), great fun and nice food. The obvious question of how did I "let her down" has been asked and to be honest I didnt actually say anything about my concerns, with the only hint being when she said we should do this again sometime I replied definitly and maybe we can invite a few more people next time too. She didnt seem to mind that suggestion so Im assuming that made it clear I wasnt looking to date her in a nice subtle way (hmm that sounds wrong - I dont want to date her whether its subtle or not lol)

Then I came home to recieve an important phone call which eventually came and went and wasnt as important as I was told it would be.

the rest of the day was pretty boring really, but really nice. I went into the back garden in my shorts and T-shirt and mowed the lawn (which had grown into a forest - im sure ive made a few animals homeless), played a bit of Pink very very loudly (and sang along a bit) which im sure upset the neighbours (the singing and playing it loudly probably upset them in equal measures). Oh and had a couple of glasses of cheap low alcoholic wine. Was actually a nice afternoon.

The niceness of the day was ripped down a little when I heard from my dad that my grandad had pressed his personal alarm as he was struggling to breath and was now in hospital again. Hes apparently going to be there for at least a week, if not longer. This has, however, made him agree that he will move into a home, on the condition that it still allows him to stay indipendant! so now my uncle etc are on the look out for a place. So please pray for my Grandad - Even tho I dont see him that often nowadays hes the one relative who I always want to see, and have great memories surounding him - and his drum kit (I always called him Grandad drums, once going on radio one and doing a shout out to him with my dad saying afterwards - do you really think Grandad listens to radio one? lol), his trumpet, his trombone, his organ and basically loads of other musical stuff. hes a great man, so yeah pray for him please, thanks.

I ended the day with the usual routine chattign and playing mines etc, but was really tired so lost most of them.

Anyways the week begins now, its the Harborough Carnival at the end of this week so I have to work out if we are having a stall and what we can do on it if we do have one. So busy week then.

right then its 8am and Im awake so i should do some work, bye bye people, dont forget to comment - its much more fun knowing whos read this and getting responses. lol

bye for now

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Morety,,,, I finally got round to it,, keep em coming - pretty please

Canny xx

Anonymous said...

LOL, morety cheap wine and PINK!!!!!!!, you have more in common with us girls than u think:P

anonymous said...

IM COMING OUT......... Oh wait better not sing that too loudly or it may get taken the wrong way

Anonymous said...

your blogs are amusingly interesting, and it isnt fair to read english weather is sunny, when Malta is soaking wet

S.

Unknown said...

Hi. Add me to your list cuz I'm adding you and cuz I demand to be added. :p

Anonymous said...

... i've decided i like you. Not in the way that makes you panic, but in a way that says " this bloke is down to earth, loves the Lord, and isn't too super spiritual"
I think what i'm trying to achieve here is to tell you that you are a good bloke, but of course you know this already.
That's all.

Anonymous said...

morety, its me kat, i just cant be arsed signing up. I love your blog. I thnk u could be a writer, and I mean that. You are funny and get people listening and thinking. I am so glad in the strange way we became mates, I hope we will be forever, kat xx