Saturday 2 June 2007

The virgin blog

Ladies and gentlemen, Cats and dogs, Flies and bumblebees, Gods and mere mortals (please note there is only one God and so if you fall into this category then obviously you are sadly deluded!), basicaly anyone who is bored enough to read my new (un)improved blog, to you I say welcome.

As many of you know my old blog (RIP) has been lost somewhere on the net never to be seen again.

So this has given me the inspiration to start a new one.

On this blog I will endevour to be much more interesting than my old one had become recently. and so I will begin by analising my life over the last few days giving the ups and downs, whilst also pointing out anything that this may say about society.

Firstly I will begin with the sorry story of my laptop. If you read my old blog you will know that I leant it to my dad and then it got stolen by some evil men. Well since then I have had a daily phone call from my dad asking me some interesting questions (my replys are in brackets):
do i know how much it cost (it was a christmas present 4 years ago)
do i have any reciepts or proof of ownership (it was a christmas present)
do I know the make and model number (I leant you it months ago)
do I know where it was brought (IVE TOLD YOU DAD IT WAS A CHRISTMAS PRESENT NOW PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!)
And finally today he rings to tell me the insurance company have given him until monday to get the information on the laptop so my deadline is sunday (ummm well ive told you this this and this and thats all i know really!)
I guess this may meen i get some money for the stolen laptop or may not. what is classed as proof of ownership anyways? can I give them things ive printed out and say this is proof that i owned a laptop, maybe they want a photo of me using it? hmmm who knows.

Next, the sadder news of my uncles brain tumour returning. He had an op a couple of years ago and was declared fit but he has just been told its back and bigger than before so he has to have an op to remove it in the next 2 weeks. Yes this is sad - and I love my uncle and pray he will be better but as my mum was telling me all this and telling me how she was hoping to get down to visit for a day to support them and asked me to do the same at some point (they live in romford) I did start to wonder what it says about my family that the only time we see each other is when someones ill or dieing or dare I say it dead? who says families have gone to the dogs?

Ohhh on a brighter note I discovered how it is possible to accidently accept a date without realising it is a date or wanting it to be a date. Let me set the scene, your chatting to a girl (lets call her alice *not her real name) and she casually says "im thinking of going out for lunch on sunday do you fancy joining me?" "hmmm well im doing this in church in the morning which pub?" "the thingy inn" "ohhh thats near the church - why not, saves me a walk home!" "great so its a date then?" "Ummmmm" and shes gone!

now call me nieve but i didnt ever get the impression she was asking me out until a mutual friend tells me hes just been told i have a date with alice and shes very excited about it! so now im stuck. I like Alice but only as a friend, shes just not my type really. Its made even more complicated as I stupidly asked the person I actually fancy for advice and so probably made it sound like I wanted to go on the date or something and well yeah - not that shes actually interested lol - I always have this thing of having the wrong people going after me at the wrong times, theres plenty of entertaining stories from uni i could put here but I wont. so yeah any advice on how to get out of a date without hurting or ruining a good friendship would be apreciated.

theres loads of other questions about romance stuff going through my head as I right this but Im not going to put it here coz well they are silly, but I would love to know one thing - if things are complicated at the start my experiences suggest at least one of the people involved are not really that interested - is this always the case? anyways enough of that - lets get interesting!

So what about work? (I hear you not asking) well work has been dead this week, which is a nightmare for me as it meens I have to work harder to work out why there are no youths using the cafe and try to decide if its a seasonal thing (which it is) or whether its something else. Tonight we had 2 in - now thats bad!

finally Ive just finished a display which i am using at a day promoting volunteering in out town. It begins in 7 hours so i will be tired but thats life! What does it say about volunteering that you have to have a day to promote it? and a question - do those paid (such as myself) to promote and work with volunteers do much volunteering themselves? i know I dont, but then i think maybe i do - does it matter? hmmm

ok for those of you who like answering questions for me these are the ones i would like answers to: -


  1. how do I get out of the date without hurting her or ruining friendship?
  2. why am I awake writing a blog at 1:40am?
  3. if things are hard at the start of things... well you were asked above so wont repeat it?
  4. is it best to give up when you have no idea if you have any chance of success?
  5. have i become too serious and lost my funny side?
  6. is this enough?

answers in comments please. I may not actually update this blog as i have decided to give up the net for a week for various reasons but I dont actually think any of these reasons will actually stop me using it but we will see.

anyways thanks for reading my randomness and until next time live long and prosper!

(the song below is a video thats made me laugh a lot and sums up one of my many beliefs - give it a viewing - its worth it!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey u, sorry about your uncle, im 5 minutes from romford , im at my mum and dads now got her a few hours ago, my mum thinks you are mad!!!!!!!! lol

Pilch said...

Ok will have a stab at number 1 - don't want to answer them all and then leave nothing else for other people to say.

1. How to get out of a date without ruining a friendship...well just because she says it's a date that doesn't mean it is. I mean, if I had an orange and went round telling everyone it is a banana it's still an orange isn't it. I can see why the is it or isn't it a date is tricky though.

A girl that I know as a friend wanted to "go out" somewhere with me this week but wanted to have this long discussion about whether it would be a date or not. I said there was no difference. You can go out just as friends, not call it a date at all, have a lovely time and at some point in the future fall madly in love and get married. On the other hand you could call it a date, go out and have a horrible time and end up not even being friends. I didn't want to go out with this girl under such confusion as I don't think of her as any more than a friend so in the end I declined to go out at all.

But in your case you are committed aren't you. But if you are just having a meal with a friend then that's ok - the only problem is that she is calling it a "date" - well let her call it what she likes. That's not your problem. If you don't want to have a meal with your friend (for whatever reason you don't want to) then I don't see why you shouldn't just say so.

If she gets all upset about it because she thinks you have cancelled a date then that's up to her. You don't want to hurt her feelings but if you go and she thinks it was a date but she knows that you aren't interested in romance (which you aren't) then she will be hurt with that situation too. Really the only outcomes that she wouldn't be hurt are that (a)you fall madly in love with her and decide that you like her a lot more than you actually do in a not-just-as-a-friend kind of way, (b)she realises for herself that she doesn't really want to be more than friends so she doesn't try to be. So much as you would like to, can you avoid hurting her a little bit? I know that no-one wants to hurt someone else but there's not always a way that you can avoid it.

She needs to know the truth ("the truth will set you free") and she needs to know that you value her as a friend and that you will still have a meal with her if she understands how things are.

Sarah said...

ummmmm i dont know what to say. but pilchy well done as usual you have wise words xx

Anonymous said...

QUOTE:She needs to know the truth ("the truth will set you free") and she needs to know that you value her as a friend and that you will still have a meal with her if she understands how things are.

PILCH... you could have said just this paragraph instead ! lol * grins*