Thursday 7 June 2007

procrastinating

procrastination is a great word isnt it. I meen just the way it is spelt and sounds sums up exactly what it meens. It takes ages to say, even longer to work out which letters go in which order, and by the end of it you have forgotten what it is your trying to put off anyways.

Well thats officially what I am doing here and now, Im putting of things.

What am I putting off, well like I said above I cant actually remember. I know I have a stall for our carnival to sort out by Saturday, I know I have posters to design and print for Saturday, I know I have a press release to write, for yesterday, I know I have reports to write for no idea when, and I know I have publicity to send out for ASAP. But ask me what Im supposed to be doing now and I couldnt tell you.

Last night I was told I was disorganised and I laughed and said yes I am, but my disorganisation is what gets my work done! The thing is its not just in work that Im disorganised its my life as well.

Ok Im single, 26 (27 on August 24th by the way) years old, live on my own, rent a house, have an "interesting" job and whilst I have debts its below the national average (about £3-5000). But how do I live my life, well - and this wasnt planned but just as I wrote that last line a song popped into my head which sums up how I live currently (some words changed to suit me better): -

I get up when I want, except on Tuesdays, when I get rudely wakened by the dustmen.
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea, and I think about leaving the house.
I feed the young people, I sometimes feed the elderly too. It gives me a sense of enormous well-being.
And then I'm happy for the rest of the day,safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it.

Incase you didnt know the song is parklife by Blur.

so yeah where were I? (I talk proper!) ah yes my disorganised life - well its got me thinking and wondering (are they the same thing?) is having a disorganised life a bad thing? does it autmaticly mean your life is going to be messy? if life gets organised does it meen Id lose my udentity?

I like sleeping in, I work better under pressure (aka at the last minute), I prefer to wake up and say "im going to the theatre today!" than to plan a day out for weeks.

Im not sure where Im going with this blog, and maybe thats the point of it - that I dont know where Im going false stop.

im 26 years old - I know Im getting older - so thats clear and tidy, and organised but I have no choice there do I?

Im single - Well Ive had relationships and theyve failed, Im told Im not ugly (altho I dont believe them) Im told I have a good sense of humour/personality etc so I guess my disorganised life may contribute to this - or i must be doing something else wrong, just no body tells me what lol

Im in debt - I am slowly getting myself out of it, but then I do something like decide on a holiday etc and get back into it - again lack of planning leads me into the deep.

so yeah - im not depressed or down just reflecting on my disorganasation as part of my procrastination and wondering if I should change or whether changing is even possible or whether making a change is something i should put off til tomoro.

what do you think? I cant be the only one who is thinking this can I?

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Morety, my dear having read some of your recent blogs I just want to say snap lol. I understand totally where you're coming from. ((((((((((((((Morety)))))))))))))))) mmmmmmwah you're not on your own love ya bruv

Unknown said...

Organized people are boring. ;)

I go in and out of those feelings ... But you know, you're doing great. :) I really think you've got things under control as far as unorganized people do ... hee hee ...

If you feel unfulfilled (why don't we just say unfilled?! LOL or empty for that matter!!!) you might try making a list of things you'd like to do in your life--like big things. I reduced my list to the top 3 big things I want in my life. Then from there, I basically just think about them now and then and try to figure out if I'm progressing toward them. One of mine is write books ... Which is something I can literally work hard at every day. Another one of mine is to get married, which obviously isn't something I can just work on every day in the same way ... yet, at the same time, I can be preparing myself for that in the future.

I also keep lists of short term goals--and I change them, abandon them, go back to them, kill them, revivde them at well. This is my playground because the short-term goals are allowed to change. It makes me feel good to know I can say "chuck that stupid project it's not working!!!" if I want to. ;) But the key is, put down some short term goals you ENJOY. For me this month I want to read 10 books. Yeah, that's a lot of work, but I also love to read, and I put down some fun books as well as a few more intellectual ones.

Anways, this comment has become a blog in and of itself. Sorry about that!!! I am, like you, procrastinating ... so I better go!! LOL

(((((((((( Morety ))))))))))))))
Hang in. You're doing great. :)