Sunday 10 June 2007

proper blog of the busy weekend

well the weekend began on Friday (as it does every week) and il skip the day and jump to the brilliant evening I had. Went to see Riding Lights Roughshot theatre company at a church, and it was weird coz the first half was a mix of the random to the sublime. A number of short dramas based on the actors real lives, some very meaningfull some just plain random and weird. The second half was a touching drama about modern and historic slavery. Really touched me especially as it was sort of based on the tragedy in Morcambe where I spent a lot of time when I was studying. If they are in your area go watch them - really good night out.

I got home and had to finish off prep for saturdays stall at the carnival. I got to bed at 2am and awoke at 8am ready for my long day.

Basicaly the stall was a 2 minute quiz with a £20 prize at the end of the day to the person with the highest score. The main reason of us being there was PR, which meant a lot of running around in the morning so here goes.

at 9am I was at home printing off posters and other display items and laminating them whilst making sure my transport was sorted - he wasnt and agreed to meet me at 10am

At 9:30am I walked quickly into town to purchase 3 clipboards and some pens and to cut 500 flyers so that we had 1000 of them.

At 10:30am my transport arrived. We filled his van up and drove to the Baptist church where we had to pick up display boards and tables.... by the time van was full it was 11:15am

we then drove to my house to pick up the display material and a couple of deck chairs and left there at 11:29am. The deadline for arriving at the fair ground to set up was 12am so we were cutting it fine but should make it.

Just as we pull out into the main road the police stick a road closed sign up so we couldnt right turn, so we right turned anyways the police officer looking very angry until i wind down the window and shout "we have a stall for carnival" she turns and shouts exactly what I shouted to the next officer who then shouted again and then anouther... a bit like chinese whispers, im sure the last officer shouted "their fools for the carnival!" but they let us through and we joined a traffic jam (how if the road was closed was there a traffic jam?) and eventually arrived to set up at 11:57am - just in time!

we set up and the stand fell over, set up again and the stand fell over, and set up again and it stayed up. Then the crowds arrived!

Well basicaly it ended up being a 12 year old girl coming back again and again getting more right all the time and got a score of 17 and walked away believeing she was winning. The an hour before the end a 16 year old came and tried a few times equalised and then got 22, just as the 12 year old came to check she was still winning - she was gutted so tried 3 more times but could not get over 19.

Was funny coz all the adults who took part never got above 14 so once again it proves the education system works (and the questions were very tough!)

After all this I got home completly knackered at 7pm just in time to relax with dr who (great epotisode) and joseph (the tv show - IM NOT GAY!)

went to bed at 10pm(ish) and awoke this morning in time for church.

Todays highlights were :-

singing happy bday to stace over the phone and learning she doesnt know how to party or celebrate properly (and a bacon sarnie is not a cooked breakfast!)

chatting to Nat and wishing her happy bday etc and learning she doesnt know how to party or celebrate properly

leading a service tonight which went amazingly well (9ppl in congregation yay)

and now I think I will relax and try to switch off for a bit before bed.... roll on wednesday I need a day off!

Stace Happy birthday to you hope you had a goodun#
Nat you got your message so yeah happy bday

everyone else everytime i say comment or text I get about 2 comments and no texts so I wont bother this time and see who comments!

bye for now (I will put photos up when in next blog coz i cant be bothered to do the uploading thing now)

3 comments:

Her said...

I've noticed a fault in your blog, a mistake if you will. You said Dr.Who had a great episode. This is not possible my dear.
Woo to me being mentioned in another blog...woo woo!

Unknown said...

i know how to celebrate properly ... but i don't think i ever have.

Anonymous said...

.....and exhale!!!

Gosh all that running around sounds exhausting.