Wednesday 13 June 2007

Laughing at life

Ive been thinking a lot recently about how strange lifes is, i meen just look at my reasons: -

I spend all my time at work thinking about when my next day off is only to spend my day off worrying about the things I have to do at work the next day.

I keep looking at my mobile wishing I recieve texts or phone calls so that I know i have friends that care etc but when my phone rings I start swearing and cursing "whos ringing me at a time like this?"

I complain theres nothing on TV but cant miss a certain programme every week/day just in case something interesting happens on it when Im not watching.

I complain I have no social life but when asked if I want to go out after a long day at work I say no i just want to chill out and have some space.

I can feel alone and lonely in a room full of people but comfortable and happy in a room with just me and God.

I can convince myself somethings true even if it isnt but if someone tries to convince me the same thing is true I wouldnt believe them.

so yeah lifes strange, we all knew that - whats my point?

well I guess my point is that if lifes so strange and if its human nature to laugh at things that we find strange (which I am told is the case) why is it so hard to laugh at life?

Over the last 26 years lots of stuff (good and bad) has happened to me and my family etc and when I talk about it I normally do it with a smile on my face and almost laugh about it - some say this is because if i dont laugh id cry but with me its different, I do look back and find it slightly funny the way things panned out!

The bad stuff shouldnt have happened - but when you look back you see how silly some of the things were - and how much comic value is in them.

The good stuff was a blessing at the time but is often the hardest stuff to remember - surely thats funny in itself

So yeah next time Im telling you about my parents divorce, my depression, or any other crap periods of my life with a smile and almost jokey sounding voice be assured Im not hiding anything Im learning to laugh at life.

Is this healthy? YES - why? cause life is funny - even if it doesnt seem like it when your living it!

I believe God has a sense of humour and has a plan for us, he doesnt turn us into jokes or cause us pain which we cant deal with but he gave us the ability to laugh at things because laughter is the best medicine (watch patch adams if you dont believe me!) and is one of the best things he gave us to help us through the bad times.

So next time you feel down, next time stuff is going wrong, infact every day that you live ask God the exact thing that I am asking God for at this very moment - ask God to let you laugh!

Life = a gift from God
laughter = a gift from God
You = a gift from God

Life + You + Laughter = a happy life (but not necesarily and easy life)

sorry this is random and possibly a bit too serious for a day off - you got to laugh dont you, when i started typing i had nothing to say!

5 comments:

x_ThisGirl-x!x!.Staceeee said...

Insightful yet sad...sad but yet insightful!

Anonymous said...

Nice one morety never knew u were soo deep! Guess u learn something new ever day! O yeah its Rach xox

Her said...

I need to do that. I need to laugh at the crap life throws. Maybe one day I will.

Anonymous said...

yeah agreed, deep & so agreed! especially as we live in such a self-conscious age it's important to laugh at life's trivial trials to stay in contact with God. Go Matt!!! xx
Rozzie by the way

Unknown said...

well said