Monday 16 July 2007

The next blog from me

My last blog seems to have created the impression that I am moping around after my ex almost a year after we split up. I just wish to clarify - before I go on, that I am not crying myself to sleep or anything. I truely am happy that she is out of my life, so thankyou all for your messages of support, it means a lot that people care, but be assured that I have moved on, and was only feeling weird on that day because I had heard the news and found it weird.

Now thats sorted on with the blog.

This week has been a strange week as it has been exactly 2 years since I moved to Harborough, and so there were quite a few moments of reflecting on the past, present and future.

Workwise everythings flying, The Cube is going well, the supervisory board is happy, the young people respect me and some do see me as a confidant etc.

Socially im in a strange place. All my close friends are scattered around Britain and I barely ever see them, infact my best friend I havent seen for at least a year if not longer.

I went out for lunch with someone who i sort of class as a spirtual mentor - I used to ring him whenever something was going wrong and i felt really bad etc etc and he probably knows more about my past than anyone else in Harborough. Well I hadnt met with him for over a year (which i guess means that the last year hasnt been emotionaly bad) and over lunch he asked me a few hard hitting questions.

What changes would i like in my life in the next 2 years?
How can I get there?
where work wise do I want to go?

The first one was answered with laughter and the answer ive given plenty of times before - I want a network of friends living near me, and posibly a partner (in the romantic sense)

The second one involves changing the way I live. I need to get out of the house when im not working, find a way of meeting people, and yeah well ive no idea lol. He suggested I get a housemate - however ive lived on my own for 5 years now and enjoy my space - which i guess is part of the problem.

Work wise I dont know really so i wont bore you with my explorations.

Other things that have happened this week: -

I sent someone I really like a package which has sat around the house waiting to be sent, she ruined the point of it coz she opened everything in it on the same day when the theory of it is that each "gift" was unwrapped when needed, but she says she liked it and so I guess it achieved what it was meant to.

Market Harborough got closed down. You may have seen on the news how tescos had some sort of major incident which resulted in 14 stores getting closed, well Harboroughs store was one of them. The police then closed most of the towns shops and cordened off most of the roads which was really weird. rumours range from the most realistic bomb threat to the mass shooting and burgalry idea (*im sure there would be ambulances around if shootings were involved durrr). I took a pic on my phone of the police closing the roads etc and sent it to the bbc website expecting it to just appear on there, but no it was used every 15 minutes with my name being mentioned all night. The amount of texts and phone calls from people asking was it me was hilarious. The town was back to normal today tho.

Church this morning was weird. You know when you walk into the church and take part in worship and start looking around to see a sea of white hair and as much as you try to focus on worshipping God you start to wonder why you go and whether you belong there or not. So yeah I need to pray and work out if i truely am where God wants me to be.

Tonight I led a service and preached on prayer etc and realised what I knew already - that I dont do enough of it. service went well as usual, but if i leave my church then this area will be stopped so this all effects my decisions.

Finally right now im feeling blugh. Think I just am preparing myself for the busiest 6 weeks of the year work wise. I love youth work but sometimes I wonder if its ruining my life.

Anyways so much stuff in here so i will stop. please pray for all the stuff youve read above, but please remember overall im in a good mood and am happy so dont send me lots of sympathetic messages - however i love hearing from you all so do comment and say what you want to say (and if it has to be sympathetic so be it!)

by for now

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Maybe if you want to make new friends you could start playing some kind of sport in your spare time?

Or if not some kind of sport, some other group activity. If you just want to get out of the house, you could go on some walks.

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!!!!, hows u hun , great blog, i to have been here for 2 yrs and to give you a lil advise i met ppl through going to the gym , or i met one of my good friends at a local drama group i started when i first came here although i dont go anymore also you get to know the ppl at local shops you go to etc , i still dunno wht i wanna do work wise , why dont you do part time course or something in something you are interested in, while you do your youth work. keep silin hun xx