Thursday 25 October 2007

listen

I was half way through writing a boring blog listing everything thats going on at the moment when I heard a voice say something very deep and meaningfull. It said...

listening can effect your career
listening can even mend a friendship
Ultimatlt it keeps you in the moment so you dont miss the things that really matter

No im not hearing voices or having words of wisdom from God, it was the voiceover on TV programm scrubs but it was something I needed to hear so maybe it was sort of sent by God.

Im desperate for God to reveal to me things about my career as I have 2 job interviews in the next 3 weeks (first one on monday in Liverpool) and need Gods guidance well and truely.

I need to start listening to a few others to help mend some friendshios and or relationships

and I need to stay in the moment and not miss the things that matter.

so yeah this blogs boring but meaningful

are you listening?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know wht morety you so right, lately i have felt that i not very meaningful to ppl, i right my blog , no one really respnds, i say hi to my friends in msn, no one really responds, but they dont realise that wht u do or write is meaningfull to YOU, maybe not to them but to U it is, and when they do respond, its meaningfull to u,so im responding to you cause u a friend and i know wht u sayin is real and meaningfull to u, and good luck with the jobs xxx gbu hun

Rachel said...

Yes, you're right. Listening is important. I like to think that listening to people is something I do well...there is a downfall, however...if you listen to people, they rarely listen to you. They just seem to ignore what you're saying in an effort to get onto whatever topic they want to speak about next. Too much listening is bad.

Sarah said...

hi you, listening is great but can also get you into heaps of rubbish if you listen to the wrong things. when people listen to the wrong things they loose friendships and decide not to listen to the truth.
people that listen to the truth, know the truth and have the best friendships/relationships. but people have a choice what to listen to.
i'm listening to you. good luck hun. xxx

Anonymous said...

Morety, I know we don't know each other very well but I was listening too. In a world full of talkers, being a good listener is such an underrated gift. The Bible has many references to the wisedom of keeping quiet.

Hope the 'yoof' aren't bothering you too much!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.